How bad can a birthday be when:
- You get to start the day by presiding at Mass?
- The daily Mass crowd offers a prayer for you in the Prayers of the Faithful and sings “Happy Birthday” to you at the end? (Yeah, I know it’s not liturgical, but they were free to “go in peace” at that point, so it doesn’t count.)
- You give the staff a special indult to have birthday cake for breakfast and they do!
- You have lunch with a friend?
- You get to hear a confession for a person who hasn’t been to the sacrament in years?
- You end the day with dinner with your family?
Yeah, it was a great birthday. Best one ever! I love being a priest: Praise God!